Are you looking for lower cholesterol recipes for your breakfast,lunch or dinner? I would say here you would find so much valuable information about foods to lower cholesterol,menu to lower cholesterol,quick low cholesterol dinner recipes.I also recommend you to read Modernist Cuisine cookbook which is the best selling cookbook of all time in amazon,bestbuy and some online shops. You can refer to Modernist Cuisine at Home and then follow those instructions to do some cooking for your dinner,lunch or breakfast if you concern best low cholesterol dinner recipes,heart and cholesterol healthy recipes,101 cholesterol lowering recipes.You would learn much valuable information and knowledge about dinner recipes for high cholesterol from this popular cookbook.Now start to enjoy your delicious and healthy food.
Cabbage Rolls My dad was the family cook so I learned to make Polish cabbage rolls (golabki) growing up. We always used Uncle Ben’s converted rice in the stuffing but the mushrooms are optional. Serve them plain or browned in a little olive oil with a dollop of sour cream on the side. – Cooker Dai Health is much important for all of us.
Prep Time: 1 hour Cooking really changed my life.Thanks cooking.
Cook Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes Cooking really changed my life.Thanks cooking.
Total Time: 2 hours, 30 minutes I really appreciate Modernist Cuisine teach me much knowledge.
Makes: 16 to 24 Cooking is really my love. I like to do it everyday.
Actually there is some addition recipe which I would share later.
Ingredients: Actually there is some addition recipe which I would share later.
- 1 largehead of cabbage (about 3 lbs.) – or use 2 smaller heads
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large mushrooms, finely diced – 1 1/2 cups(optional)
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice (brown or white)
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup Pomi strained tomatoes or canned tomato puree
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup liquid (beef stock, cabbage water, or combine with some leftover tomato for 3/4 cup)
Instructions: I really like delicious food so I like to do some cooking for my family.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Cut center core out of cabbage and place, core side down, in boiling water. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- While cabbage
simmers, heat oil in pan over med-high heat and sauté onion and garlic 3-5 minutes until browned.Add mushrooms and cook another 2 minutes. Transfer mixture to a large bowl to cool.
- Remove cabbage to a rimmed baking sheet, keeping water inthe pot. Gently remove leaves from cabbage, cutting away from the core with a small knife. Set aside the best 16 unbroken leaves and cut off the thick spine in the center for easier rolling. Set all remaining broken or small cabbage leaves aside. (If the core is too firm, return it to boiling waterfor a few minutes to soften)
- Preheat ovento 350° F.
- To cooled onion mixture, add meat, rice, parsley, tomato, salt & pepper. Combine well.
- Place about 1/4 cup of filling in each leaf, roll, and place seam side down in a 13 by 9-inch pan. Pour liquid over rolls and lay someleftover leaves on top. Cover pan tightly with foil, and bake for 1 1/2 hours. (Place pan on a cookie sheet in case it drips)
- Remove from oven and let rest 30 minutes or better still, refrigerate overnight. (They freeze well.)
How to Serve: The next day they are really good whenbrowned in a little oil or butter and served witha side of sour cream. Click here..
To Cookon Stove Top – Use a heavy Dutch oven or your heaviest pan. If you have leftover cabbage leaves, place them on the bottom of the pan first to preventburning. Use the same recipe, cover the pan and bring to a boil. Then reduce heat and simmer for about an hour. It takes less time because you bring it to a boil much faster on the stove top. Uncoveroccasionally to make sure they are cooking and tosee if more liquid is needed. If you want to do let us start now.
Modernist Cuisine is a perfect cookbook and you could get much valuable cooking knowledge about best low cholesterol dinner recipes,heart and cholesterol healthy recipes,101 cholesterol lowering recipes.It was the best selling cookbook for beginners and special requirements over the last five years on amazon and bestbuy websites.If you are looking for an cookbook about lower cholesterol recipes you really needto carefully read this popular cookbook and do some cooking at your family by yourself.This dinner recipes for high cholesterol cookbook would help you to dobest cooking for your family. Enjoy your best health food now.